In 2011, Anthony Rugiero established the Rugiero Promise Foundation, a volunteer-only organization driven on a commitment to “improving the quality of life in our communities “. Since its inception, the Rugiero Promise Foundation has established itself as a premiere 501c3 nonprofit organization and has supported the following charities:
- Antonio Rugiero Sr. Diabetes Fund at U of M Comprehensive Diabetes Center – the Antonio Rugiero Sr. Diabetes Research Fund
- Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan – Helping people in Michigan affected by leukemia and other related disorders.
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation – Dedicated to multiple myeloma research, patient … funding to aid in the research, diagnosis and treatment of myeloma.
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan – Development of physical medicine, treatment, techniques and support the physically disabled.
- University of Detroit Mercy–Volterra-Detroit Italian Residential College Foundation – Support international art and design education for Michigan students.
- Wayne County Goodfellows – Giving every child a Christmas.
- Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute – Works to improve the development, health and well-being of infants, children, youth, and their families.
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen – Tend to people’s basic needs, especially the need for food.
- ILICA – Italian Language InterCultural Alliance – Foster Appreciation And A Better Understanding of language.
- Clays for Kids – Provide support for selected local children charities.
- Boys’ & Girls’ Towns of Italy – Give at-risk girls and boys a chance in life.
- The Garden Party – Helping students achieve.
- Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museum – Supporting the arts and culture of our community.
- Desi Geestman Foundation – Supporting children with cancer and their families.
In addition, throughout the year, the Rugiero Promise Foundation initiatives and sponsors a number of charity events to raise money and awareness for local charities. One such event is the acclaimed Rugiero Casino Royale; a signature event partnering with University of Michigan to fund diabetes research and honoring the memory of Antonio Rugiero Sr.
“I made a vow that in gratitude for all of God’s blessings, our family would never stop working to help those less fortunate. It is my pleasure to have established the Rugiero Promise Foundation in our endeavor to carry on this promise.” – Anthony Rugiero